Selecting the proper help desk software for your business can seem overwhelming. The help desk you select is usually the initial step in establishing customer support at your business since it will help you provide the customer service you want to be recognized for.
To select the most optimal customer support software for your company, there are some things to first consider with regards to your customers, employees, and organization.
If you are looking for a simple customer support software that will help you and your team become better organised, you should try Keeping™.
Help desk software comparisons
- As an alternative to Zendesk (or Zendesk competition)
- As an alternative to Google Groups
- As an alternative to Groove
- As an alternative to HelpScout
- As an alternative to Osticket
- As an alternative to Kayako
- As an alternative to open source help desks
- As an alternative to Hiver
- As an alternative to Freshdesk
- As an alternative to Front
Keeping™ is the world’s first help desk that integrates inside your current email account. Watch the video below to learn more:
When you’re in the middle of comparing help desks, think about the reason you need a help desk program in the first place.
Here are the most vital things to consider:
- What are the expectations of your customers? Your target market will come to you with their own needs. Are they more lenient to email? Are they familiar with self-service utilities? Do they anticipate hearing back from you within an hour, or 24-hours later? Keep your eyes out for clues as to what your customers anticipate from you and what their current levels of satisfaction are.
- What kind of experience do you want to provide your customers with? Think about the perfect engagement from the perspective of your customers. Will they require a website to seek assistance, or can they contact you by email? Are they able to acquire your support from multiple outlets?
- What kind of experience do you want to provide your customer support team with? Your staff will utilize your help desk software regularly and depend on it for your business to function. Because it’s the initial line of customer retention, ensure you have the most efficient tool at your disposal. A simple, user-friendly, and aesthetically pleasing program will save them effort and time that can instead be used on
- Is there anything about your existing customer service that can be improved? Whether you’re transitioning from a shared inbox on Gmail or you’re changing your existing customer support software, this modification gives you a chance to reevaluate your strategy.
When selecting a modern program for your help desk, consider using workflows to automate your distribution or streaming them into an individual mailbox.
Examine your current customer service strategies and think about the following:
- Are they still the most optimal way to resolve concerns?
- Are these methods important to the customer experience, or are the same results attainable another way?
- What can your team do now that they couldn’t do the last time your programs were upgraded?
You can now go an extra step and develop your list of features that are important to you. Speak with your customer service team and take note of all the jobs they bring up.
What do your essential help desk features consist of?
Help desk programs that come with the features you need is more important than software with trendy features that aren’t useful to your company.
Important features: If the help desk can’t do “X”, then you can’t develop the intended customer service experience.
Non-important features: If the help desk can achieve “X”, you might be inclined to use it to enhance the customer experience.
Keep your list of requirements as brief as you can. Some features might seem handy but might not be relevant to the service you provide. The last thing you want is a feature that inhibits customer support.
At Keeping™, our philosophy is to keep features limited to ensure simplicity.
How to assess the features of a help desk
- Are the features embedded into the help desk, or is another tool required for it to function properly?
- Do the features come with legal requirements that must be met (for instance, privacy controls and data storage)?
- Do these features offer value to your employees? Does it help your customers in any way?
- Do the features come with technical requirements (for instance, accessibility and data format)?
- Are there additional services or products that the features must be connected to or paired up with?
Creating a shortlist of help desks
You can now filter out help desk selections that don’t meet your requirements (either by tight integration or directly). Afterward, you’ll need to develop an assessment team to test the help desks you’ve shortlisted.
Use several of your general customer questions as examples, and conduct a support discussion from the perspective of the customer. What is seen from by the customer and are things easy to understand for them?
Think about the experience you want to develop for your customers, and test that against every feature.
Help desk experience
Your customer support team will be utilising this program throughout their working hours. Are there any complications that are slowing down productivity? Does it lag at times, and you’re your staff search for things easily and quickly? The customer support software you select should be user-friendly and hassle-free. Your staff’s energy should be directed at your customers, not your software.
Be aware that free plans are designed to lure you into using a help desk and getting locked-in. When you are forced to upgrade you will be surprised how expensive your free plan becomes.
At Keeping™ we have a straightforward and affordable pricing with an Unlimited plan which is capped so that you can grow without having to worry about additional costs as you start adding agents and mailboxes.
Transitioning to a new help desk is a big investment for your customer service team and your business. Many features are convenient, but you need to choose a help desk with your specific company needs in mind.